Saturday 15 June 2019

Brutal 10K at Fleet Pond / Pyestock, Hampshire



I didn't know this was on until I saw the course being set-up yesterday. I decided to head along and take some photos. 

Here's the description from the website

BRUTAL runs are seriously tough trail / cross-country races featuring natural obstacles.  
Start with a fast run out into the woods and zip through a unique Zig Zag Gully before you conquer a succession of hills, muddy trails and water features. Prepare to take the leap of faith into a lily pond, wade through the elephant grass, race through a shallow river and into a bog and linier marsh - which cleverly gets deeper as the race progresses! Pyestock has it all. It's 100% BRUTAL.
I was a bit disappointed that there were cars trashing the grassland and wild flowers. 
Here's why meadows and grasslands are so important . Full of insects and butterflies as I've recently documented in my field notes

But I guess that's the way things are going with this area. Wait until Hartland Village is built, this place is going to be overrun with people.

All the same it was nice to see people getting out and active and enjoying themselves. I might even enter next year, but £30 seems a bit pricey for a 5K considering Park Run is free. If I was doing it for charity I might give it a go I suppose.

















































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Hamble Mariana and Hamble Point